Depth Gauge - Which One Is Best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth Gauge - Which One Is Best?

I am thinking I ought to look into a depth gauge for my 20i. I have been doing some reading on what's out there, and did a search on the forum. But I am curious if you guys might have specific suggestions on which modes(s) would be best & easiest to install along with any do's or don't's on putting it in. Is this something I can do pretty easily or is a dealer job?

Thanks,

Billy

I've got a Hummingbird. It was installed by the dealer. It's been flawless.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I have a humminbird too. I purchased it off of ebay for around $75, and installed it myself. It was a pretty easy install. (The dealer wanted $300 for the same on installed)

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
        I've got a Hummingbird. It was installed by the dealer. It's been flawless.
        I just bought a humminbird but opted for the inside hull mount transducer. Is that what you guys have? (Dog, Rebel?)
        "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Yep, same one. It's real easy to install too. After you get it, read the directions, and post any questions you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast1911 View Post
            I just bought a humminbird but opted for the inside hull mount transducer. Is that what you guys have? (Dog, Rebel?)
            I have the hull flush mount also.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks. Quick question. Is the hull mount transducer wired to the gauge or is it a wireless connection?

Originally posted by Waterski-Rebel View Post
              Yep, same one. It's real easy to install too. After you get it, read the directions, and post any questions you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by billys View Post
                Thanks. Quick question. Is the hull mount transducer wired to the gauge or is it a wireless connection?
                It's wired. You'll need to place it off-center so there's no chance for interference or turbulence in that area of the hull.

Comment

Billy,

Here is a link to a thread from my install.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6949&

Comment

Cool! Thank you.

Originally posted by Waterski-Rebel View Post
                    Billy,

Here is a link to a thread from my install.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6949&

Comment

Working...
                    X