Installing Perko Flushpro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Perko Flushpro

I've picked up a Perko Flushpro to flush the engine after each use, but for the life of me I cannot figure out which hose this splices into. Just above the water pump is a part which has 4 hoses coming out. 2 are larger. The inlet under the boat is right below the engine and I cannot see where it goes. Can anyone help me figure out which hose I need to cut?

The boat is a 2000 21V with a scorpion engine.

Thanks.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    2000 Tige 2100V Sold

I believe it goes in line with your intake hose from the bottom of the boat (usually 1 1/4"), not the hoses on top of the motor. I think it has a built in check valve so when you hook the garden hose up to it the water does not come out of the bottom of the boat. Hope this helps, someone else will probably have input.
    "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

KKO installed one for me when we bought our boat, it is a marine power, but the hose it hooks into would be the same. I would give Forte's a call on monday and ask Dom or Kevin for advice. They are very nice and helpful. 888-517-3178 is their number. Mine is installed in the line that comes up from the thru-hull and then it actually loops to a sea strainer. Here is a thread with some pictures of mine, scroll down about half way on the first page.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ighlight=flush

Comment

You have to put it on the water pickup hose or you will toast the impeller.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

How do I get to the water pick-up hose. I can see the pick up on underside of the boat, but cannot get to it from the engine compartment. Where does the hose from the pick-up lead to? The water pump? Or does it just go to a fitting on the engine block?
          2000 Tige 2100V Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ktmrider1 View Post
            How do I get to the water pick-up hose. I can see the pick up on underside of the boat, but cannot get to it from the engine compartment. Where does the hose from the pick-up lead to? The water pump? Or does it just go to a fitting on the engine block?
            You'll need to remove the rear center seat bottom over the V-Drive. There should be 2 screws in the cockpit and two wing nuts (or bolts) on the backside of the seatback (which flips up). You can get to the wingnuts/bolts from the engine cover. OYou can see mine when I had my interior out in this picture:

nce you have the seat bottom out, you'll see the hose running from your raw water intake to your V-Drive on your left (as you're facing from the same orientation as my picture). It's a 1 1/4" hose that's reinforced with a stainless coil. I'd get a hose cutter from home depot and spice into it before it hits the V-Drive. You'll need to clip the coil with wire cutters.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Excellent. This is what I was looking for. Thanks for the help. One more question. Once installed, will I have to remove the seat bottom every time I want to flush the engine?
              2000 Tige 2100V Sold

Comment

Actually, you can probably get to it from the side. It's all a matter of positioning.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Let us know how it works out, I am thinking about installing one. Tired of the Fake-a-Lake under the boat.
                  "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

Buy the kit that contains the hookup kit, or make your own with a trip to the hardware store. The kit comes with a hose, threaded bungs, and a hose hookup so you can just screw a garden hose into the transom and start 'er up.
                    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Thanks for all the help. It was very easy after I pulled the fiberglass piece which covers the v-drive. I cut a 5 inch section from the hose and spliced the flushpro in right near the bilge pump. Now all I have to do is open the hinged backrest and hook up the garden hose. I flushed the motor for about 5 minutes and there were no leaks. Now its all tucked away in its new home.

2000 Tige 2100V Sold

Comment

Post pics please

Comment

Ok, completely off topic but I was trying to figure out where in memphis, as it says in your little info blurb at the top right, had that nice of palm trees and looked completely like Florida, then I remembered you moved to Miami area. Welcome to Florida! Glad the perko install went well. It is a lifesaver for storage like yours. The boat looks good with palm trees!

Comment

Was kind of thinking that myself, seeing that boat is on the intracoastal I know why he needs the Perko

Comment

Working...
                            X