Change Out Prop on 2007 20v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Out Prop on 2007 20v

Took boat out last weekend and bent my prop. How do I get a key (and what size), to take of my prop? Are there any recommendation on prop sizes and what company? I am a novice wakeboarder and other than that just like to cruise. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You need a prop puller. The link is from a person who sells them.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...9&postcount=22

Sorry to hear about that. I recked my prop last year on the first outing....

Comment

Sorry to hear, that's a bummer.

Your Tige came with an ACME 537 prop and that is what I would recommend going back with.

Buy a new prop and a Weekend Saver kit (puller, wrench, woodruff key), you can have it in a few days and be back on the water. Then send your old prop to ACME for repair and keep it as a back up.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm probably going to have people say I'm an idiot for doing this, but I got my prop off without a prop puller. I just used a die and a hammer and gave it a couple good hits. Came right off.

Comment

I hope you didn't bend the prop illiniboarder88. Worst think I would have used would be a rubber mallet. Apparently you have already used the prop also.

Comment

Appreciate everything...Order new prop, prop puller yesterday. Thanks

Comment

the prop was bent when i got it. I just put a die against the backside on the ring that goes around the shaft. Two good whacks with a hammer and it popped right off. I used a fairly decent sized die with a nice blunt, rounded end on it.

Comment

Originally posted by illiniboarder88 View Post
                the prop was bent when i got it. I just put a die against the backside on the ring that goes around the shaft. Two good whacks with a hammer and it popped right off. I used a fairly decent sized die with a nice blunt, rounded end on it.
                I thought you took a perfectly good prop of that way.

Comment

I got it reworked for $100. I got the removal technique idea from a fellow inboard owner. I'm not sure why there would be any problem hitting against that ring area on the prop. It's real solid there, and you in no way come in contact with the blades. It is a little less than pleasant to lie on your back under the trailer though.

Comment

I got it reworked for $100. I got the removal technique idea from a fellow inboard owner. I'm not sure why there would be any problem hitting against that ring area on the prop. It's real solid there, and you in no way come in contact with the blades. It is a little less than pleasant to lie on your back under the trailer though.
                    Yes, but you do run the risk of marring the shaft or knocking something out of alignment. The prop puller is the best option since it will put even force on the shaft and prop.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I should have clarified initially that a prop-puller is the best option. I was just suggesting the other method if you are in a hurry to get the prop off and don't want to wait for puller. For me, I wanted my prop back quickly bc I had plans to hit the lake the following weekend. It was going to take me a few days to get the puller, so I went to option B

Comment

I should have clarified initially that a prop-puller is the best option. I was just suggesting the other method if you are in a hurry to get the prop off and don't want to wait for puller. For me, I wanted my prop back quickly bc I had plans to hit the lake the following weekend. It was going to take me a few days to get the puller, so I went to option B
                        No worries, in a pinch, your method will work. I just wouldn't do it all the time.
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                        X