Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New (old) Tige

Everyone,

First thanks for taking the time to read thing. I just bought a 2001 Tige 22i this weekend and it's my second boat (I bought a 84 gulfstream to see if I'd actually like this stuff, and clearly I did). I think I got a pretty good deal on it and it looks like it is in pretty good shape but I want to go through it and I thought I would ask you guys to comment on my plans and thoughts.

Change the oil (with just 10w-30?), change the direct drive trans oil (regular ATF?), change the plugs, belt and the impeller (thanks for the handy article on how to do that). I was also going to tighten all of the bolts on the tower and just clean the boat and apply protectant to all of the seats (there are some tears and I am going to see if it's worth fixing). Oh and repack the trailer bearings and bleed the surge brakes.

Also the depth finder and the heater (the warm air hose thingy, I'm guessing thats the proper technical term) don't seem to work. Any thoughts?

When the aftermarket lights are turned on the stereo turns off for a second so I think I'm going to add a couple relays to draw power more properly then it probably setup to do now.

Also how do I run a direct drive out of the water? In my old I/O I had the earmuffs for the drive but I couldn't quickly figure this one out.

I also downloaded the Tige service manual and figured that would be a good thing to follow. Any other ideas?

I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of more stupid questions and I really appreciate your help because any help I get here prevents me from a ruined weekend!

Photobucket
    Last edited by TallTige2001; 04-07-2008, 04:32 AM.
    Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow they may cancel your VISA.

There is a water intake on the bottom of the boat. Hook a fake a lake to it with a hose and you're good to go to run it. Here is the link to one on Overtons. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...w&i=32740&aID=
    Have fun with the new boat.

Comment

Nice looking boat. Welcome to the site.

If you do have some additional money, I would get rid of that metcrap (ops, metcraft) tower. There has been quit a few problems with welds breaking or cracks forming. I know, it's expensive to replace but IMO, that is probably going to be the first thing to fall apart on you.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses....I can't wait to hear more opinions about the rest of my thoughts.....Is the fake lake worth the $50? It looks like I could make one out of a plunger or I also heard I could just add a fitting to hook a hose up to it? Your thoughts?

As far as the tower goes, there is already a crack in it where it was repaired (by adding tubing around the crack) and I think I'm going to have a friend weld it to fix it (and yes I am aware it's Al and my friend is pretty good at TIG) but I think it will last a season or two. I also would love to replace it to have the racks in a better place but that's a ways away at this point
        Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow they may cancel your VISA.

Comment

Working...
        X