Help Removing Factory Wakeboard Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Removing Factory Wakeboard Tower

I have a 2001 2100V with a factory installed wakeboard tower that I am trying to remove so that I can have it powder coated gloss black. I have all of it off except the actual mounts to the boat. I can't seem to find the screws to remove the seat backs so that I can get at the underside of the mounts. I am assuming the mounts are bolted together from underneath. Can anybody help?

The seatbacks are attached via deck screws in between the seams on the sides and back. Also, along the back are some screws going in from the V-Drive compartments (closer to the engine).

The deck screws on mine were somewhat rusted, so I had to cut them from behind using a Whammy Bar. I've got some pics of my boat as I tore it apart to replace all the vinyl in the How-To section.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

First of all, thanks for such a quick response!! I looked and felt around in between the cushions, but couldn't see or feel where they might be. Do you know of any diagram that I caould look at to get an idea of where they might be?
      Thanks,
      Justin

Comment

Check this thread.

You have to pry the seams apart to find them.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JFive35 View Post
            Thanks man!!!!
            He isn't a man!!!!! He's a dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he he he j/k

Comment

when I looked for mine, i just ran a small flat head screwdriver along the seam. You know it when you hit metal.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                He isn't a man!!!!! He's a dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he he he j/k

Uh huh, keep it up...

...at least I'll be out on *my* boat while you're at home with honey-doos while your GF is holding the boat keys in front of you like a little carrot

(sorry, I am a dog, I couldn't resist that one)

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post

Uh huh, keep it up...

...at least I'll be out on *my* boat while you're at home with honey-doos while your GF is holding the boat keys in front of you like a little carrot

DOH! ROTFLMAO. Ouch.
                  Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post

Uh huh, keep it up...

Funny man..... Ops, I mean dog....

Comment

Thanks for the help guys...and dog. The tower is now off and being powder coated as I write this!! Any chance any of you know where to get some good vinyl other than Tige'? I want the same color, but they won't/don't make the piece I want.

Comment

Originally posted by JFive35 View Post
                        Thanks for the help guys...and dog. The tower is now off and being powder coated as I write this!! Any chance any of you know where to get some good vinyl other than Tige'? I want the same color, but they won't/don't make the piece I want.
                        I went to a local shop. I don't know if you still have the docs that came with your boat, but one of them was the vinyl provider. I had to redo my whole interior.

Comment

Thanks again Dog! I think that is what I am going to have to do. I just wanted to make sure I get the right color/name so that it matches the rest of the boat. You have been a great help!!

Comment

Working...
                          X