2100 V impeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2100 V impeller

I just bought a 2001 2100V Limited and was wondering what kind of maintenance to do ie. impeller, spark plugs, wires, bushings, diaphragms (cause of more ehtanol being put in the gas in Oregon) and anything else you can think of. I don't think the previous owner did much more than change the oil. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the site and post some pics when you get a chance! You've got a great boat.

Changing the oil once a year, filter once a year, topping off the fluids once a year and changing the impeller every 2 years is about all you have to do for maintenance.

Once you reach 400 hours, you'll need to change the plugs and they recommend you change the wires at the same time. I would check the state of the distributor cap. You probably have a Mercruiser and the distributor cap doesn't seem to last very long (I replace mine about every other year).

If you are running ethanol, there is a diaphagm in the fuel pressure regulator that would deteriorate faster with ethanol. When it goes, you'll get intermittent alarms from the engine. It's a pain to repair. I'd get a certified Merc. mechanic to check the engine's codes to find out if there are any issues.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks Dog. I'll get on that.

The boat only has 108 hours on a 350 mag Mercruiser. The family that had it before me hardly ever used it, lresulting in it sitting in the garage for most of its summers. SAD!!!

I haven't looked yet, but I imagine there would be a diagram or walkthrough of some sort on how to get to the impeller, find out the stock number and change it in the manual?. I'm pretty handy when it comes to these kinds of things, just want to make sure I get it right!!
      I also have to replace the back left hatch cover vinyl, do you know if I have to go through the dealer that is 150 miles away or can I get it online?

Comment

Somebody posted a how-to for the impeller in the How-To section on this site.

The diaphragm is in the fuel pressure regulator and it is a royal pain. The fuel cooler is on the drivers side right above the muffler. There's a plastic housing you have to remove to get to it and it's mounted to the top of the fuel cooler. Be careful, it's real easy to pinch the O-rings on the fuel line coming from the fuel filter. If that happens the fuel will spew all over the bilge (long story).

I'm not sure how handy you are, but this is not exactly one of those things I would consider a DIY. Might want to have a licensed mechanic or dealer do it.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Congrats and welcome

Just to clarify, change the V-drive oil and Transmission oil along with engine oil yearly.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I bought the same boat last year. Very similar situation - only had 300 hours on it. Last summer alone I put 120 hours on it. Wonderful boat. What tower do you have? Still the Metcrap?

Here's what I've done so far: I had to change that electronic switch panel on the dash (a few hours of re-wiring). My dealer (80 miles away) drop-shipped the panel to me from Tige. I went through the recommendations stated above with the fluids. Haven't had an issue with the fuel pressure regulator (yet). I just got finished adding a second battery, battery switch, amp and tower speakers. I had the same problem with the back hatch vinyl. I had a local boat upholstery shop repair it for me - charged about $75. I currently have a post about my noisey bilge pump - which is mounted under the engine and can't get to it. Is that where you're is located, also? As suggested, I'm just going to disconnect it and install one or two new ones in a better location. Let me know if you have any other questions...

atlcajun

Comment

That is where my bilge is also. Luckily I have not had a problem with it yet and from the reciepts the guy saved it doesn't look as though he had a problem either. I got all my vinyl taken care of and the fluids changed out, now I', just hoping for some better weather so that I can get some more use out of it.

Comment

YES! Some warm weather would be welcomed (where's this global warming thing when we need it!). Hope you enjoy your boat as much as we've enjoyed ours

Comment

Working...
                X