How the $%*& does this come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the $%*& does this come out?

I am getting the nerve up to recarpet after considering having custom snap ins made to just cover my floor. I came to the conclusion that removing all the old and reapplying resin is better than hiding the bad.

It probably will not happen until later this year, but in mental prep, I am going over the process I am going to use. The only obstacle I have is this drain plug. I tried removing it before while redoing my electrical, and I could not get it out. Maybe my mangina was sore or something.

Anyone have any ideas? BTW I jacked this photo from an older thread about these things.

http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Should just be held in with some adhesive.

Comment

Mine some how came out on it's own one day when pulling the plug. My suggestion.... lots of beer and lots of ice and water

Actually when I pulled my ice chest to route some wires, it came right out.
      Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Not so easy here. Maybe it has been reglued before.
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Are you redoing the entire inside of the boat or something? Just asking since that ice chest and drain are up in the seat.Why not just stop at the ledge?
          Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Who was going to make your snap in carpet?

Comment

I was going to cut it myself after I made templates, then have it bound by the same lady that did my vinyl. Sunbrella binding is cheap, marine carpet is cheap by the roll on ebay. I was going to be in about $300 in material, and $100 in labor.
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                I am getting the nerve up to recarpet after considering having custom snap ins made to just cover my floor. I came to the conclusion that removing all the old and reapplying resin is better than hiding the bad.

It probably will not happen until later this year, but in mental prep, I am going over the process I am going to use. The only obstacle I have is this drain plug. I tried removing it before while redoing my electrical, and I could not get it out. Maybe my mangina was sore or something.

Anyone have any ideas? BTW I jacked this photo from an older thread about these things.

Hey - that's my photo. Thanks Obama.

Plug or metal jacket/casing? As I recall, I had the opposite problem - keeping the metal jacket/casing in, if I understand you correctly. Shop had used silicon caulking. Wrong item. I think it was Lee or Chpthril who recommened M5200. It worked. Seems like it is in there for good. Is there a material which can work the M5200 loose?
                Last edited by MRMoffat1; 02-22-2008, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Could you not unscrew the cooler and just lift it out, then when finished screw cooler back in?

Comment

Originally posted by MRMoffat1 View Post
                    Is there a material which can work the M5200 loose?
                    I'm not aware of one, but I'd do what lee says...he's the smart one
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Well if the fitting is in that good, some are not. Just leave it alone and remove the cooler.

Comment

My cooler is screwed to the floor. The fitting is larger than the cooler. It is impossible to remove the cooler without removing the fitting, the fitting seems epoxied to the hull. I've tried before. I am just going to work it back and forth until it loosens up.
                        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Mine came right out without issue, i then just unscrewed the complete seat base assembly. Try dropping a hook shaped awl or something like it down and lifting up working your way around the circumference. It should protrude through the floor enough to at least allow you to get to to lift a bit.
                          "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Like I say.....my mangina was sore that day.
                            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                              Like I say.....my mangina was sore that day.
                              better use some vagisil before you start all this work on your boat
                              Everything happens for a reason
                              I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X