I did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!

Well it took me a while to build up the courage, but I was able to cut a hole in my hull. Perfect Pass is installed!!! I'll post some pictures in a bit. Beer being consumed
    Honey I'm home!

atta boy kyle.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Good job !! It will be the BEST investment in time, money, and sanity you will ever have in your boat.
      "Just Surf Damn it"

Comment

Originally posted by time2kyl View Post
        Well it took me a while to build up the courage, but I was able to cut a hole in my hull. Perfect Pass is installed!!! I'll post some pictures in a bit. Beer being consumed
        How much beer did you have to drink? Did you have to use the boy next door to start the hole for you?

J/K... Good job. I am sure you will enjoy the PP this coming boating season.

Comment

Now you're ready for ballast
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Post some pics!!!!! This is on my Spring "to-do"list. Having no Perfect Pass really sucks.
            How long did it take you? How hard would you rate it? Were the instructions PP provides pretty good?
            Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
              How much beer did you have to drink? Did you have to use the boy next door to start the hole for you?

J/K... Good job. I am sure you will enjoy the PP this coming boating season.
              I had to have one as soon as I cut the hole. Then a couple more a little later for good measure.

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

Now you're ready for ballast
              Maybe after I get my speakers and amp installed, but it will probably have to wait.

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
              Post some pics!!!!! This is on my Spring "to-do"list. Having no Perfect Pass really sucks.
              How long did it take you? How hard would you rate it? Were the instructions PP provides pretty good?

I took some pictures while I was working just haven't gotten around to posting them, maybe tonight.

Onece I got my rear seat out of the way it wasn't too bad. Mounted the controller on the port exhaust hose so I needed larger hose clamps then were supplied. Plus I had to do some minor Dremmel modification to the Black Scorpion cover. Other than that it wasn't too bad. It took me about 4 hours to do, but then I haven't put the boat back together yet either. And aside from forgetting to hook up the ground it went smoothly. I knew as soon as I turned it on too what had happened.
              Honey I'm home!

Comment

4 hours!? Wow, I expected much longer. I had planned 4 hours just to build up the courage to drill into my boat
                Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                  4 hours!? Wow, I expected much longer. I had planned 4 hours just to build up the courage to drill into my boat
                  I didn't factor that part in In that case it took me 2 months
                  Honey I'm home!

Comment

I will be placing an order for PP in a month or so. I can't wait for spring...
                    So I am now working up the courage to put a hole in my boat. Which I have not even had for a year yet.
                    15 Escalade ESV-Black
                    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

You guys will wonder what you did before you had it. It's a bad day when the PerfectPass doesn't work.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Ok, here are some pictures.
                        First is the controller mounted on the port exhaust
                        Second is the dash. Took out second speedometer. Yes I know it doesn't match, but I wanted it to stand out
                        Third, testing location.
                        Forth, linkage connected
                        Lastly the test hole. took a while to work up to that
                        Attached Files
                        Honey I'm home!

Comment

Last one. 2" hole filled with insert. Hopefully I used enough 5200!!!

I don't have a picture of the the control unit mounted under the helm. The installation wasn't too bad with the rear seat removed, which also allowed me to insulate the cooler while it was off.
                          Attached Files
                          Honey I'm home!

Comment

time2kyl

How did you determine where to locate the sensor? Is that explained in the instructions that no one reads....eeeer let me take that back drilling hole in bottom of boat, yeah I will be reading the instructions.
                            Thanks for the pics.
                            15 Escalade ESV-Black
                            08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by samw View Post
                              time2kyl

How did you determine where to locate the sensor? Is that explained in the instructions that no one reads....eeeer let me take that back drilling hole in bottom of boat, yeah I will be reading the instructions.
                              Thanks for the pics.
                              It is explained in the instructions. You want to make sure it isn't directly behind anything so that it isn't getting turbulent flow. So obviously not behind the water intake. Mine is in the same spot as the water intake on the opposite side.

Also what you don't see are my tears while cutting the hole or the beer I drank immediately afterwards to calm me down.
                              Honey I'm home!

Comment

Working...
                              X