Install a heater????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install a heater????

Has anyone installed a heater on their boat? That is one of the first things I want to get done this winter. I was hoping some one had some step by step instructions? I have checked some of the post but I have not found anything about installing. Thanks for any help.
    I have 01 21 V limited, Merc engine.

Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

If you get a heatercraft setup it is pretty straight forward. The hard part is figuring out where you want to place the unit. I personally have installed a couple of heaters and usually put the unit underneath observers storage. I also get at least 2 hot tubes one for driver and one for the passengers.

Comment

Might want to look into a windscreen in the walkway.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I have the windscreen and that is great.

I would also like to get atleast three tubes if not more. I just don't know how much air one of these heaters can push.

Thanks I will look at heatercraft.
        15 Escalade ESV-Black
        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I have decide to get a Heater. Those of you that have heaters, do you have the 2 or 3 tubes. I see there is a big difference in price going from 2 -3. The 2 tube runs around 200 or 250 and has 28000 BTU. The 3 tube is close to 350-400 and has 40000 BTU. So I just wondering what everyone has tubes.
          I would go with the 2 tube and add an extra tube but I'm not sure it can push enough air. Both run around 260 cfm.

Thanks
          Sam
          15 Escalade ESV-Black
          08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

I have a 24v and did the heatercraft 3 vent as well as the heatercraft shower (if you are doing the heater, spend the extra 2 bills and get the shower as well, you will thank me!). I mounted mine on the backside of the foot area for the driver, I have a vent for the drivers feet, a heat tube that comes out in the same area that pulls to most of the boat, and a vent in the walk through. I put the vent in the walk through as I have a bi-fold door there as well.

The shower was key, real hot and a lot of pressure (I actually have used it to hose down my dock after some peope came on with muddy shoes). The only mistake I made on the heater was, on the cold line I used the water return from the heat exchanger "assuming" it would be cool enough, well that water is probably about as warm as you need if not warmer. This spring when I de-shrink wrap the boat I am going to change to a true "cold water" inlet. Otherwise best two additions (after PP). There is nothing like filling the wet suit with hot water before and after a session

Comment

Working...
            X