Speedometer pickup replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer pickup replacement

The paddle wheel on my 2006 22V is gone on the speedometer pickup on the bottom of my boat. I must have hit a stick, piece of wood or something. Anyway, I need to replace it. From the inside of the boat it does not look like a difficult repair. I am wondering if anyone can confirm or correct my assessment of how difficult this will be. I live 100+ miles from the dealer and don't want to take it in if I can help it. Thanks.

From the installation instructions for my PerfectPass, I believe you can just replace it from the inside.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Is your speedometer a Perfect Pass? The Perfect Pass paddlewheel is held in by a SS pin that it spins on. My guess is your pin is also missing. PP sells the Paddlewheel Kit or you can go directly to the manufacturer, Airmar - http://www.airmar.com/pdfs/install/17_274-01_r02.pdf
      You could put a new one in with pliers from below or pull the plug assembly out from above.
      If it's not a PP speedo chances are the pickup is still an Airmar sensor. You would need the model no. from the housing.

Comment

It's an Airmar. Thanks for the link. This is exactly what I needed!

Comment

Was the shaft missing, too, or just the wheel? There is only friction holding the shaft in the plastic tabs and I've been wondering how well that would hold.

Comment

Just the wheel. The shaft is still there.

Comment

Working...
            X