Exhaust Drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Drain

Need some guidance on a small problem I have, I have a PRE2150 with and 350mpgi engine, there are small blue plastic wingnut type drains on each side of the engine to drain the water from the exhaust after flushing.

One Friday(our weekend) one snapped off and left all but two threads in the hole Any tips on how to extract the remaning portion so I can put the new ones in.

Cheers
    Richard
    another sunny day in the Magic Kingdom

Originally posted by Richard_Bahrain View Post
    Need some guidance on a small problem I have, I have a PRE2150 with and 350mpgi engine, there are small blue plastic wingnut type drains on each side of the engine to drain the water from the exhaust after flushing.

One Friday(our weekend) one snapped off and left all but two threads in the hole Any tips on how to extract the remaning portion so I can put the new ones in.

Cheers
    Richard
    I dug mine out with a drill bit and a flat-head screw driver. If you can, try removing the brass fitting so it's easier to work on. I talked to my dealer about this and he says in hot climates, you might want to replace them every 2 years.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I have ordered serveral spares so will make a habit of changing them regularly, such a small item ruined a perfectly good day... thanks
      another sunny day in the Magic Kingdom

Comment

I know how you feel. Luckily, I was able to steal one from my neighbor whose boat was down because of an impeller.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
        X