Prop change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop change

I have a 99' 2200V that still has the original prop on it. This prop has never been taken off. I need some details on how to remove the prop and how difficult it will be. I know that I will need a prop puller, I have never used one before so any tips would be useful.

Thanks.

With the right prop puller you should have a very easy time. The tools other than the puller we needed was pliers and a rubber mallet. The pliers were for the pin and the removal and installation of the new pin. The mallet was for the prop when it was getting close to coming off. We would hit it softly with the mallet so the prop puller didn't completely take it off and scare the holly sh!t out of us.

Comment

Don't forget the wrench so you can get the nut off. It's about a 15 minute job...don't sweat it. I have the same boat as you and I've changed mine out a bunch of times.

If you're getting a new prop, try the Acme 525.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Ops, thanks Dog. Forgot about the most important tool.

Comment

I have a buddy who is going to give me a couple to try out to see which one I like the best. The original prop just does not give me the hole shot I need when heavily weighted. I run about 4900rpm wot with one person in the boat now.

Comment

ok, then try down-pitching your prop a bit.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X