RE-Installing Seats #2 on 2002 23V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE-Installing Seats #2 on 2002 23V

2002 23V. I posted a smile and deleted my post! Anyway, I recently repaced my carpet on my boat and found that the hardware used for my swivel seats were six #12 wood or maybe sheet metal screws. Seems pretty Cheesy. The issue I am having is what to do now. I drilled out the holes thinking I would glass in an anchor to accepte a 1/4"x 20 machine screw but the problem is on the 3 inside holes as they have about 1/2 to 3/4" of fiberglass and then empty space into the bilge with no real bottom access than I can figure out. I put some fiber and resin into the hole but when I mounted the anchor into the glass and resin, the anchor pushed the resine and fiber down into the hole I just drilled into the bilge. I am looking for ideas on how to fix this. I was also wonder what is the wood material on the outboard side of the boat as when I drilled into it-kind of looked like some type of fiber board material. I sure hope not. Gives my thoughts of my parents Bayliner... Cheap Any ideas on a good fix for the seats at this point as I have three 3/4" diameter holes on the inside of the seats which I need to fill and the oboard three holes are great because they have some wood backing.

Can you post some pics, having a hard time visualizing your predicament.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X