Nuclear powered Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuclear powered Tige

I’m a bit embarrassed to ask this question but here it goes…

Where the hell is the oil filter?

I have an 05 20Ci and looking under the “hood” I see what looks like a metal container right behind the drivers seat containing what I think is the fuel filter?…which on my katana was the fuel filter! I do not see any visible signs of a oil filter…could I have possibly gotten the nuclear reactor model?

I change all my own oils on my Hemi/Saab and two BMW motorcycles, so I have an idea what a filter looks like

TIA, Paul.

note to self...Geeez I wish there was an owners manual for these boats

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
    I’m a bit embarrassed to ask this question but here it goes…

Where the hell is the oil filter?

I have an 05 20Ci and looking under the “hood” I see what looks like a metal container right behind the drivers seat containing what I think is the fuel filter?…which on my katana was the fuel filter! I do not see any visible signs of a oil filter…could I have possibly gotten the nuclear reactor model?

I change all my own oils on my Hemi/Saab and two BMW motorcycles, so I have an idea what a filter looks like

TIA, Paul.

note to self...Geeez I wish there was an owners manual for these boats
    I'll sound just as stupid, but do you have a V drive or DD, I dont know which a 20ci is.

V drive: starboard side of engine near the back (opposite belts), by bell housing, down by oil pan.

DD: same place on engine, just on the port side as the engines are 180* from each other.

Unless you have remote filter, than you are on your own

Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by chpthril; 04-30-2007, 04:54 PM.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Chpthril,

I have a Direct drive with the motor sitting mid-boat.

I looked ALL around the engine but sure may have missed it if the oil filter is sitting under the engine in the rear. I'll take another look.

The Boat came with an extra filter, so it must be in there somewhere?

BTW...Vortec 5700 engine

Comment

was just thinking that since it's a gm motor it may be in the same spot as mine. But then again if he changes his own oil on his other toys I would think he would have no problem finding it, but that's just my
        Originally posted by G-MONEY
        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

could you follow the lines from this link? the filter is cast into the pan, so if you follow what comes out of there you should find it.

http://members.tripod.com/~grannys/r...ctioninfo.html

Comment

mine is located on the port side, up high and upside down. Yes mine is relocated, but it came that way from the factory. let me see if I have a pic.

Comment

here is a pic of the return lines. It is right above my alt, to give you an idea. You unlost now?
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok, in my laziness, which is not all that uncommon. I neglected to take my cover all the way off and the shade blocked my vision in seeing the filter. It is in fact on the port side under the engine in the rear.

A few questions…An owners manual would be helpful, but I have learned in other forums that asking silly question in advanced has saved me time and money working on my bikes.

Is there a torque value for the filter? Or just hand tight? Should I purchase a filter remover? I have one for the bikes, but it’s a smaller diameter. Not enough room for the one with a handle. I have one that fits onto a socket wrench for the bikes.

What is the oil quantity? I usually fill the filter and coat the gasket, but who knows the amount to refill in quarts?

As always, TIA Paul

Comment

Glad you found it!

Comment

Domsz06,

Thanks for the pix and your help from one Sagitarius to another

Comment

ha ha ha, no prob. Wish I could help more.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy View Post
                        Ok, in my laziness, which is not all that uncommon. I neglected to take my cover all the way off and the shade blocked my vision in seeing the filter. It is in fact on the port side under the engine in the rear.

A few questions…An owners manual would be helpful, but I have learned in other forums that asking silly question in advanced has saved me time and money working on my bikes.

Is there a torque value for the filter? Or just hand tight? Should I purchase a filter remover? I have one for the bikes, but it’s a smaller diameter. Not enough room for the one with a handle. I have one that fits onto a socket wrench for the bikes.

What is the oil quantity? I usually fill the filter and coat the gasket, but who knows the amount to refill in quarts?

As always, TIA Paul
                        Hand tight is about right. Seat the gasket and then about half turn or so. You will find that you might need a filter wrench but a piece of 80 grit sandpaper wrapped around the filter will work in a pinch.

Not sure what the quantity is on your engine may be 5qts but dont hold me to is. I like to add the same amount back in as I get out, providing that the oil level is full when I start and the amount drained is close to the rec. amount. This allows for a little left in the pan so I dont over-fill.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                        X