Rider's Deck Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rider's Deck Extension

As a new owner of a 2003 22V, I'm proud to join your elite club. It's going to be a great summer.

It looks to me like my shorter rider friends will have a tough time sitting on the rear deck while trying to slip their feet into the boots without trashing the transom. The previous '93 Mastercraft was a smaller boat, so no problems.

Has anyone rigged up some kind of rear deck extension to sit on while getting into the board?

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new boat. I think you will enjoy it.

Not sure I can help on an extension but here is some info about a clear film mask that I put on mine to stop board scratches and tie down rub.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=transom+film

http://www.clearmask.com/aerogard.php

Post some pics when you get a chance
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Just have them turn around and grab the handle. Then they can just fall back in the water.

Comment

Lucky 275 idea works. My riders just sit on the swim platform and put their feet into the boots. Works for us
        Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 275 View Post
          Just have them turn around and grab the handle. Then they can just fall back in the water.
          That's how we do it too! It works really well cuz the boards typically don't hit the back of the boat and you dont have to go face first into the water. It works for everyone! Plus it's easier to get your feet in the boots when you are standing vs. sitting. (more leverage)
          If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Couldn't you just kind of slide the board off the platform and move your butt down on the platform and then slide off the platform. Thats what we do.

The frist time I wakeboarded at a demo I just stood up and fell on my face and had a terrible time trying to get jpretti's LF to flip over in the water haha
            The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
              Couldn't you just kind of slide the board off the platform and move your butt down on the platform and then slide off the platform. Thats what we do.

The frist time I wakeboarded at a demo I just stood up and fell on my face and had a terrible time trying to get jpretti's LF to flip over in the water haha
              Read the question again young lad. Question was how do short people put on the boots without messing up the transom. Glad to see the spelling has improved, only 1 error
              Let it be!!!

Comment

Haha thanks as far as spelling goes, Maybe a strip of teak to run along the back of the platform.
                The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

I just stand up and put on my board facing away form the boat and then just jump off
                  Everything happens for a reason
                  I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Thanks, all.

We'll do the stand and face the boat followed by a graceful hop and butt landing. That'll work for all leg lengths. I think the factory fixed the problem with the new transom design.

And I'll lay that Aerogard strip on for good measure.

But, I'm sure someone built one, somewhere.................

Comment

Originally posted by gcalkins View Post
                      We'll do the stand and face the boat followed by a graceful hop and butt landing.

Now is the question, what name are you going to put to it. With wakeboarding they have various grabs like Chicken Salad and Roast Beef. What are you planning to call you move?????

Comment

Working...
                      X