Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you pull out front seat backrests

Hey Guys,
    So in the bow the bottom seats come out. You are then left with the backrests that backup to the front of the windshield and wrap around slightly... Anyone know how to take those out? I want to put a pop-up cleat on the gunwale in front of the front tower mount and behind the front seat backrests are cutouts for front speakers which would allow me to reach up behind the gunwale in that perfect spot. Any thoughts? It seems as if they should slide out or pop out but I don't want to force them.

Thanks
    ~Bakes~

On the older Tige's, the seat backs were attached very simply with screws throught the cushion between cracks in the cushion bolsters. Look very carefully and you will find the screw heads. I'd guess that's the way it was done on yours.

Comment

Yes I found it guys, on my 2003 20i there are three 3-4" screws in each cuby under the windshield going forward into the back of the seats. Once I removed these screws, I didn't have to remove the nut/bolt up near the speaker, the seats folded up like lamborghini doors. To my surprise, there are two factory speaker cutouts for additional speaker placement (wouldn't really work behind the seat). I used the cutouts to get to the hard to reach place to mount my new pop-up cleats. Stay tuned on my "how to install new pop-up cleats for a full pictorial."

THanks
      ~Bakes~

Comment

Working...
      X