need help with replacement blower install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with replacement blower install

I have a 1998 PRE 2002, bought from the original owner, who took great care of his boat. The boat does not have a blower, the switch is there. I am hoping to get advice on replacing it. A picture of where it belongs and any tips on installation would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Most often, they are mounted on the transom in the engine compartment. The important thing is hose placement.

Find where you could mount the "outlet hose" and mount the blower close to but below so the hose is not kinked. Next, you need enough hose to go from the inlet of the bower down into the bilge. Laying in the bilge is ok.

Wiring: Run the ground to the engine, battery or ground buss, which ever is easiest. next, you need a Pos from the switch to the Pos of the blower. Goog chance there may be one in the engine harness area already.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'll try to take pics of mine. I am boating tomorrow.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

thanks for the help, you guys are great

Comment

Originally posted by wfsims View Post
          thanks for the help, you guys are great
          Any time man, we are here to help. If my post sounded short, i was heading out the door so let me know if you need some more info.

Dude, is your last name Sims? I'm a Sims and have family is Boise Idaho!!!

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum.
          Last edited by chpthril; 03-10-2007, 10:26 PM.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Go Ricky Bobby, maybe we are related somewhere along the line but I have no kin in Boise. I found a replacement blower on the discount marine web site, I did not see a trace of where the thing used to be mounted in my boat, so thanks for your advice

Comment

I promise I am getting pics of this, and also doing a write up of a packing replacement. Been dodging rain all week.......woot....means the grass will be under the surface for a few more weeks.
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

thanks for sticking with it, I will look forward to the pictures, thanks again

Comment

OK here we go.....lots of photos

Here are some shots of the bracket, and how the blower mounts. Yes my boat is dirty again.

See how it mounts to the flywheel inspection plate.

And here it is routed. I had to replace from my blower to my bilge today. There is a hard tube in the bilge, but mine is covered in blower hose.

Down the bilge

behind the tank and out here

up to the exhaust here

And out the stern here
                  []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Working...
                  X