Exhaust removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust removal

Hello guys! I have a 16 z3 with raptor 400. I have a leak coming from the seal between the out side exhaust tip and the haul of the boat. I am having trouble removing the exhaust tip off and the pipe. Anyone have any ideas or tips hot to separate it? Please and thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photos of what you're trying to remove will help tremendously. Most of the exterior hull penetrations are sealed with 3M silicone products that need a special adhesive remover to break it down. It's called "De-bond"
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Yeah I already got the 3m silicone. I’m just having trouble getting the exhaust part to come out. Have the hose clamps off in the inside. Can’t see anything else that is holding it together. Will post pics when I get back home.

Comment

Comment

There's likely a good bit of 5200/4200/Life Seal between the exhaust fitting and the hull keeping it "glued" in place. As was mentioned you can try debond. Or get some small 1 1/2" putty knives and CAREFULLY try to get them wedged in and cut the adhesive sealant. The you can slowly work a screwdriver in and try prying it out. Heat can also help remove stuff that has adhesives, but I'm assuming you are reusing that part, so would be careful with a heat gun on low.

Also, trying to break the seal of the exhaust hose where the hose clamps were will help, but you need a tool like this to reach in there and get between the hose and the plastic

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-4521-Hose.../dp/B0050SFZBG

Comment

Yeah we got the seal undone. And I will try my pick kit. And spray some wd40 between it. Thank you for the help.

Comment

I use a flat thin putty knife to push in around the outside to loosen the sealant around the flange. Then made sure the rubber exhaust hose was loose. Used a 2x4 and mallet to lightly tap from te inside. I also used a strap wrench on the outside to turn it in the hole to free it up. Was not easy and a little nerve wracking trying to not break the part. Go easy with it so you do not break it. Good luck.
              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Yes I was gonna try the same thing with the band strap. Thank you. And oh trust me I am being super careful. Thanks for the advise!

Comment

Thank you guys! Think we got it fixed! The 3m is drying for the next day or two so we can test it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X