Installing an Indmar Sea Strainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing an Indmar Sea Strainer

We are looking to install an Indmar Sea Strainer on our 2007 Tige. Does anyone have any experience with this installation or how to remove to hoses? TIA.

To answer your question it’s an easy install and a strainer costs about $50. You’ll also need two hose barb attachments and some SS clamps so you can attach the hose to the strainer.
    Measure your strainer assembly, cut the hose, (pick a spot where it’ll be easily taken apart and cleaned) Install inline on the intake hose between the water pickup and the drive.
    If you’re interested I’ve got a system that I built 2 of and never installed the 2nd before my buddy sold his boat. I installed the other in my 07’ 22VE.
    It incorporates a strainer, and a flusher, and an emergency water cutoff by adding a valve. You can flush after each outing quickly and easily. Also winterize your boat easily or replace an impeller on the water by utilizing the shutoff valve.
    It’s $250 with everything you’d need to install it. Let me know if you’ve got any questions.

A0FF5D75-20B1-4278-A1AE-9DC62C32929D.jpg
    56A1F7A4-61A4-440B-A865-BDF9F95DF174.jpg
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 09-03-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I’m assuming the straining has a water hose connector on it for starting the motor out of the lake, if so you need to have a valve between the strainer and hull so you can close the value when running motor out of the water so the water goes to the motor and not out the bottom of the hull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you didn’t see the pictures?
        Raw water goes from the pickup through the hose to the valve then through the strainer and out the other side to the drive. When the valve is closed you can feed the system through the hose connection (cap is on in the top right of the second picture)
        You can change an impeller on the water without worrying about taking on water.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
          Maybe you didn’t see the pictures?
          Raw water goes from the pickup through the hose to the valve then through the strainer and out the other side to the drive. When the valve is closed you can feed the system through the hose connection (cap is on in the top right of the second picture)
          You can change an impeller on the water without worrying about taking on water.
          Sorry for the confusion, I was directing my comment to the OP and if he was using the Indmar strainer. Your setup looks good!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My bad Bamer, I thought you were replying to me.
            Most of the boats I’ve seen with a strainer just have it sitting inline, no valve or hose connection. I’ve seen them between the pickup and the drive and I’ve seen them installed after the drive before the trans cooler. Better than nothing but doesn’t add a whole lot to the system as far as added functionality.
            This is what prompted me to build and install this design in my boat. I wanted to be able to easily flush it out and I wanted an emergency shutoff.
            I thought it was pretty crazy there is no water shutoff in most of our boats.

Comment

Working...
            X