How to Remove Interior Side Pannels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Remove Interior Side Pannels

Getting ready to start the install of the Monster MTK tower on my '00 2300V Limited this evening. Anybody have any tips on removing the side interior cushion panels to get to the under side of the gunnels? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Reach up and under and you should feel studs on the back side with washers and nuts. At least that's how it is on my 20v.

Comment

Are you saying take off the seat cushions and reach up through the storage area?

Comment

I just went through this with my 24V. Yes, as rkcaffiene states; Remove seat coushins and reach up. I had to crawl in my observer compartment and reach back, and in my rear compartments and crawl under the seats. It is a pain but they can all be reached.

Tom

Comment

Update. Worked on this last evening. My cushion panels were fastened between the upper and lower cushions with what seemed to be wood screws that’s were pretty rusted out. I’ll add some pictures soon.

Comment

Funny, I just had to add some 5/16" x 2.5" lags to re-secure the interior rear corners. They were starting to droop and flex down in the corners where a lot of in and out traffic is. 2001 21V/2100v. Drove them in from the back side of the rear seating, from the lockers, right under a 2x4 block on each side. Also had to replace 5 bolts for the observer compartment rear cushion. There is a wood arm that supports that fold-down door. all the 1" original screws were rusted out.

Comment

Working...
            X