Lowering pylon on 2000 2100V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering pylon on 2000 2100V

This is an old question but I have yet to see a solution. Has anyone solved this problem?

Can you not get the two bolts loose at the base of the bracket to remove the pylon? If so, take it out and cut some of it off to lower it.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

On some you could loosen the pinch bolts and lower it until it rest on top of the V-drive.

Comment

Good point. His is the style that the bracket went over the v drive. It didn't have a bottom cup like the direct drives.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well sometimes it is not as Ez as KoolAid makes it sound. Mine will NOT come out I have removed the entire bracket now Placed it in a 5 ton press.(Yes i soaked it in pb blaster) didn't budge. Soaked it in more Pb for a couple more days took it to a friends with a 20 ton press. Again Didn't budge!!!! Now it is riding around in the back of my truck until I decide if I really want it out or not. I saw a mod on "wake garage" to make it go up and down as needed was going to do that. Warning if you don't have a lot of time you might want to stay away till you do.(If you haven't been there you should go) Anyway they can be a bit%*&. to get out. I might have to split my base and re-weld.
          IMG_1406.jpg

Comment

As you can see it been heated, pipe wrench,beat on, 10 lb sludge with socket, 5 ton and 20 ton press. Just sometimes they are stuck.
            Last edited by gumby; 03-07-2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

So they were intended to lower? Mine has a pin that you can pull out, but it does seem to accomplish anything. If I remove the 4 bolts, is it easy to take out? Thinking about carrying to a buddy’s machine shop and let him get after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As you can see mine only has 2 bolts. Dose your bracket look like mine? It should The 2 bolts face the Front.

Comment

Gumby, Did you call the Dr after 4 hours of the pylon not going down
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The mod some have done. You can mill a grove in the post that would look like a 'J' so you leave a set screw in but not tight lift and turn it will stay up.

Comment

Chpthrill LMAO AWSOME
                      Last edited by gumby; 03-08-2019, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Take it to a machine shop with a big press. They will get it out.
                        Oh Yeah!

Comment

I will get mine out.one way or another. Just wanted to say sometimes they don't come out easy. I was just busting your ba!!s a bit because your advise is 99.9 all the time. Chpthrill is still 100 I am going to call the Doc.LOL so funny looked in the rear view minor today saw it in the bed of the truck. had to chuckle.

Comment

heat no good since expands the metal the pylon made of. removed rack in attempt to lower the pylon but still no success. continue to spray with special stuff supposed to loosen corrosion but still no help. appears if when brand new, if not lowered periodically, gets cemented in place. i bought boat 2016. would like to lower it for winter to be able to safely lower tower and rest on rear instead of precariously on top of pylon, also allowing cover to fit better. any new ideas, pls continue. thanks. walt m/moondoggy/2000 21v

Comment

I had to take mine to a guy who could cut it out. The problem was that I had a stainless telescopic pylon attached to a steel mount. Those metals don't mix well and since it wasn't lubed at all, they fused via some kind of metallurgic reaction. If you can find a shop to do it, that's what I would do.
                              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                              X