Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to replace my propeller shaft seal?

Hello,

I have a 2001 2300V Tige. I have yet to find out what shaft seal I have? Everything I have found has water plumbed to the shaft seal? Does anyone have a part number or an idea of where to get a replacement? Also any pointers on how to change it would be great! Thank you!

20180826_161258.jpg

Screenshot_20180826-152555_Video Player.jpg

What is wrong with yours? If it is leaking at the fitting, loosen the four set screws and compress the fitting one inch. There will be two screws per hole.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Boy View Post
      Hello,

I have a 2001 2300V Tige. I have yet to find out what shaft seal I have? Everything I have found has water plumbed to the shaft seal? Does anyone have a part number or an idea of where to get a replacement? Also any pointers on how to change it would be great! Thank you!

[ATTACH]50136[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]50137[/ATTACH]
      PYI inc., part #01-118-134R. Tige PSS 1 1/8 shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
        What is wrong with yours? If it is leaking at the fitting, loosen the four set screws and compress the fitting one inch. There will be two screws per hole.
        I haven't had any issues with it yet. The black boot looks really worn and cracked, so I was thinking I would replace it. I had to pull the transmission out of my boat, and have yet to put the v-drive back on. I thought this would be a good time to do it. Should I leave it?

Comment

If you have the prop shaft disconnected i would go ahead and replace it. It is going on 18 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
            If you have the prop shaft disconnected i would go ahead and replace it. It is going on 18 years old.

Any idea where to get one?

Comment

Your local dealer.

Comment

Tige Part #D1053 will get you the newest version of the dripless seal(add a waterline to lube seal).

Comment

How to replace my propeller shaft seal?

Mine is leaking at the seal. Did you replace yours or just tighten it? How did you gain access the seal? I can’t get to mine to tighten it. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by ChasSurg; 03-13-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce3 View Post
                    PYI inc., part #01-118-134R. Tige PSS 1 1/8 shaft.
                    I'm not finding this part number on the site. found a similar number. The stern tube size was the info I'm not sure about. I'm assuming 1-3/4"?
                    The part number is 2-118-134.

I really don't want to order the wrong part and keep me off the water even longer

Comment

Glide makes one also. For my boat 2000 21v. Of corse I haven't put it on. (on my kitchen counter) It is what my parts guy ordered for me.
                      58255716553__98A9ACCD-D5C2-49D7-9BC3-F4E378712466.jpg 58255720626__C412C69A-976E-44E5-8BB6-80221A39FD6D.jpg
                      Last edited by gumby; 06-18-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Remember you must tie into the water line AFTER the raw water pump. Just fyi they are Giving one a way on Wake Garage this month.
                        https://www.wakegarage.com/forums/to...giveaway-2019/
                        Last edited by gumby; 06-18-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby View Post
                          Remember you must tie into the water line AFTER the raw water pump. Just fyi they are Giving one a way on Wake Garage this month.
                          https://www.wakegarage.com/forums/to...giveaway-2019/
                          As in directly off the raw water pump? I was thinking in just before where it goes into the exhaust manifold.
                          I’m about to tear mine down for the install and am trying to figure out where to splice in.
                          Took a pic of my manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X