How to tighten or check the tighness on alpha z tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tighten or check the tighness on alpha z tower

I have an 09 RZ4 with the alpha z tower. We are new to this boat, and while cruising around 25mph and some bumps, the tower seems to move quite a bit.

Is there a way to check how the tower is attached to the boat and tighten anything?

Thanks.

IIRC, there are 2-3 nuts on studs, accessed from the bottom side of the deck. Socket on long extension. I think they might be 7/8".
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So I quite randomly took a picture of the under side of the alpha z mounts last week. This is looking from the front on the starboard side.

I have no idea how you could teach them. I would try going in from the rear locker and try and figure out a way to reach it.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If you aren't able to weasel an extension in there you will have to remove all the nuts from interior panel(7/16 wrench) and remove the panel. That's what I do when you have to replace the tower based anyways.

Comment

what is the interior panel, would you tighten from the front or back to try and get a 7/8" socket to the base?

Comment

seat back
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X