Raptor engine - heater install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor engine - heater install help

I'm wanting to install a Heatercraft heater - not 100% sure on the connections for the Raptor engine. Anyone do this and/or able to post pictures of the factory or dealership connections?

Right next to the alternator there is a hose that loops between two metal pipe connections. Just remove the hose and the pipe closest to the alternator is the heater return and the one farthest away from the alternator is the heater supply. When you add the heater you will have to add coolant to the system. We also recommend that an electric circulating pump be installed in the heater loop to make sure there is good flow through the system. You might check with Tige to see how they wire the circulating pump and where they mount it when they do a factory install.

Comment

Much appreciated EngineNut!
      Does it matter where the circulating pump is located in terms of a push or pull (on heater "cold" line return to pull or on hot line to push to heater)?
      Is this loop an active part of the engine cooling system such that the circulating pump needs to run when the engine is on or does it just need to run when the heater is on?

Comment

jr-
        What year/model is your Tige??Larry(EngineNut) is the man at Indmar and definitely gave you correct info. Can take some pictures of stock location of electric circ pump for you once I have your info. In years past the circ pump has been wired to ignition switch ON position I believe. Also believe it's on supply side, but with closed cooled don't track hoses as much during wint as we do with others, pretty nice feature. What kit are you thinking of buying from heatercraft?? I have my own opinions but I hate the fixed vent. I regularly talk customers into ditching fixed vent and go with extra pullout hot tubes, but again, just my preference. Does up your cost tho in addition to having to pay for circ pump
        Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-14-2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

freeheel4life - full disclosure I have a 2017 Moomba Craz. I wasn't getting anywhere on that forum and many of my web searches kept finding decent information over here. Perhaps that says something about the intelligence of Tige owners vs Moomba? LOL Anyway, at this point I'm probably going to get shamed off this board...but if you can look past it I'd certainly appreciate the help and any suggestions.

2017 Craz with Indmar 400
          I have the Heatercraft 300 installed under the console to save cargo space (std Craz setup is under the seats). One heater tube out the side of the console, the other on starboard side passenger cupholder, fixed vent under the console so my wife can stay warm while the kids and I surf. Hoping to tuck the cupholder one in a different spot when I have time. May change fixed one to a tube if my wife needs more direct heatt. First time with a wake boat and didn't even think about the benefit of having the heaters but looking forward to it extending the MN summer...once I get the engine and circ pump squared away. I was able to get some information from Moomba directly but their information on in vs out for the tube contradicted Enginenut so I'm happy to read it's from the true source. Moomba info dried up after that in terms of circ pump connections/etc. so I'm mid-project at the moment. No biggie just want to square it away by September.

Comment

Honestly you came to the right place. There are actually quite a few on here without Tige's. Unlike other forums (Malibu and wakeworld) people are open to other brands.

Hopefully we can help you out.

Comment

You will love the heater in MN. We had one in our last 2 boats(Tige, then Nautique...they let me stick around but I am back in a Tige), but not our current boat. Looking to perform this upgrade as well this winter if I can find heated space to rent. I found, but didn't purchase some blankets that the tube hooks to and it fills the blanket with the warm air. If I can find them again I will share the link. Where are you in MN? I am in the St Cloud area and saw a beautiful blue and white Moomba in the area within the last couple of days. Hadn't seen it around before.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
              "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Thanks bsreid.

Dandy - I'm in Lakeville (south 'burb of Mpls). We pretty much ride on south metro lakes but get up to Gull Lake a few times in the summer. No cool in-water pictures - too busy having fun with it but here is a picture from when I picked it up.

Comment

Working...
                X