How do I remove an R21s Swim Platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I remove an R21s Swim Platform?

I have too much tension on my side taps plates and got the bolt stuck half way out on the left side that connects the hydraulics to the taps plate. Any ideas to get it out or back in? Need to get my swim platform off so I can garage store my boat. Thanks.

Try wiggling the platform up and down and have someone try and pull it out.

Comment

Its not the pin with the latches its the bolt that has a nut on the end that is directly on top of the side taps plates. It appears the side hydraulic arm is twisting slightly amd causing.a lot of pressure/tension. I tried hammering w/ a punch and I tried pulling it out with a vicegrip. It is stuck. I need to releive the tension on the taps arm. Any ideas?

Comment

At this point I would like to just get the bolt back in place so I do not have to drive almost two hours each way to the Tige shop. Any suggestions? I cannot get everything lined up to get the bolt back through the second hole on the bracket on top of the left side taps plate.

Comment

Do the actuators not have quick release pins into the platform? Try taking those out. I understand the pain of taking it to the dealer, I've got 5 hours with a $500 dollar ferry.

Comment

Try unpinning it from the platform, make your bolt at the surf tab mount, then grab the body of the actuator and you can spin the rod within it's housing if it is crooked. Depending on direction you turn will actually slighty lengthen or shorten that distance as well. When we rig new Tiges at our shop we often have to lengthen slighty by giving actuator a full turn or two. Then pop pin in at platform connection.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              Try unpinning it from the platform, make your bolt at the surf tab mount, then grab the body of the actuator and you can spin the rod within it's housing if it is crooked. Depending on direction you turn will actually slighty lengthen or shorten that distance as well. When we rig new Tiges at our shop we often have to lengthen slighty by giving actuator a full turn or two. Then pop pin in at platform connection.
              Side question real quick, I have to do this when I remove/reinstall my R21 platform. That won't hurt the actuator at all will it?

OP are you trying to "unbolt" the actuator from the tab instead of pulling the pin that holds the actuator to the swim platform?

Comment

There's too much torque the pins are too tight I cant move anything..... if someone os willing to take a look at this via pics or facetime please email me at alexclemsen@gmail.com. Thanks!

Comment

Post pics

Comment

Burn Mac,
                    As far as I know it shouldn't damage the actuator. There's just some wiper seals at the bottom of the housing to keep water out.
                    https://youtu.be/A_Mu8MlVNZg

Silver surfer,
                    Get a drift pin/punch and a hammer and knock that bolt out that's already halfway out.
                    Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-16-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Had a mechanic friend come over, took him less than 10mns with my linited tools! Thanks everyone, and sorry for the delayed response!

Comment

Working...
                      X