How to remove Tige Touchscreen in 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove Tige Touchscreen in 22ve

Does anyone know how to remove the Medallion Touchscreen in a 2011 22ve?
    Also, is a replacement touchscreen only available from Medallion or does Medallion get them from a manufacture that we may be able to buy from. My boat is out of warranty, does anyone know what the cost will for a new Touchscreen?
    Thanks

Chromax decal peels off and most likely will be destroyed in the process. There is a bracket (maybe two) on the back held in place on a set of studs with nuts. Remove them and the screen comes towards the driver to remove. Be sure to remove the RCA cable and the one connector on the back of the screen first.

Contact your Tige dealer for a replacement. I doubt Medallion will sell them direct. They custom make them so they are not off the shelf items.
    Hope this helps.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

KoolAid, thank you so much for replying.
      After running for a little while, the touchscreen starts to become unresponsive, is the reason that I am thinking I may need to replace it. When the touchscreen starts freezing up, the only way I can get it to start working again is to turn the key off and then back on. The Screen will become functional for a while before it starts freezing up again. Do you have any experience or info that might help me regarding the screen freezing.
      The Chromax surround, do you have any suggestions on how to maybe remove it without destroying it?
      Thanks again.
      PS I have updated the Viper software to the most recent software/firmware. The software had been out of date but the recent update did not do anything to solve the problem.

Comment

Its the screen. I am not sure exactly why they do that. Must be something with the graphics card(graphics chip) in the screen failing over time. They tend to keep getting worse.

Yours may have a billet piece that surrounds the screen but for some reason I want to say 2011 model year was the first year to use the chromax decal. (Looks chrome and billet looks brushed)

The double sided tape on the chromax will always tear in half in places and you will never be able to make it sit flat again. You have to do a new chromax. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones with a billet surround.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
        X