neon in boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neon in boat

Would it be possible to do neon in my boat and run it throught one of the unused switches on the dash? Would it even be legal? On a rateing of 1 to 10, with ten being the hardest, how hard would it be?

IF you buy one of the automotive kits that all the 'Tuners' use, it would be an easy install.

If you install it in the cockpit like a courtesy light, than it would be ok.
    If you put it on the out side of the boat, I would think that it would not be a legal running/anchor light, IMO.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm thinking about just putting it under the dash, around the speakers, and in the where the amps are at. Nothing on the tower or out side of the boat.

Comment

It's certainly possible, but wouldn't it be a big drain on your battery? How about LEDs. They don't draw the power of neon, and if you place them right, they will give the glow.

Check these guys out, I've gotten good recommendations for them on WW.

Wakespecialty.com
        "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Colored LED's would give you the same cool look as neon with a lot less amp draw and more reliability.

Great Idea Tequilasun
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I've seen mostly LEDs as tequila suggested, I've never seen neon.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I like the product that these people sell.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/mini_tubes.htm

Comment

thanks guys i really like this wake specialty site, i think i'm going to order my stuff from there.

Comment

Working...
                X