Oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil change

Is there a good step by step guide to changing oil and fuel filter? Maybe a video to walk me through it?

It is for a 2014 R20.

Comment

-Run the boat in your driveway wtih a fake-a-lake for 10-15 minutes to get the engine warm. Turn off when done.
      -you can do the plunger method or remove your back seat hatch and attach a 1 1/8th hose directly to your raw water intake on the motor. see pic below. I use a hose similar to the attached. Disregard shut off.
      -Take the drain line that is typically attached to the top of the motor and attach to your extrator....if you don't have one...get one.
      http://bpi.ebasicpower.com/shop/inde...29ab97fa31c9e2
      - I took the largest line that came with the extractor and went to the depot and bought a brass fitting to go in the hose and to attach to the line coming from the boat. Dip stick method is just too slow and doesn't get all of the oil out of the line that comes from the pan. See pic below.
      -Start pumping the extractor. After a few pumps it will siphon itself. Do this a few times. At some point you won't be able to get anymore. Wait 15 minutes or so and then do it again. The rest of the oil will then settle at the bottom.
      -While you are waiting for the above go remove the oil filter and replace. Put a bit of oil on the seal and fill the filter with fresh oil. Put back in.
      -Try the extractor again for plain old shits and giggles. If nothing else comes out disconnect and call her done.
      -Pour new oil in.
      -start the boat if you desire and check the level.

You're done son!

Last year on my holidays I did this on the water while everyone was swimming.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X