Dual Battery Setup for 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Battery Setup for 21V

Hey Guys - getting ready to upgrade to dual battery before plumbing in ballast. Can't find anything specific to the 21V as far as locating a second battery. Doesn't appear to be enough room in starboard cubby by transom (opposite cranking battery location) due to TAPS unit. Since rear lockers are about to get fat sacs what's the next best option?

Is there enough room if you un-mount the TAPS motor and move it a little? Ive done this on other models.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I am not familiar with the 21v. Some other places I seen guys do was directly between motor and transom. Another place that I almost did myself was directly behind the back seat above the transmission mount. You have to build a shelf. Both of these have been done before and there are threads on them. If I find the threads tomorrow I will link them. Good luck. Btw contact chpthril for cable, connectors and switch. He was very helpful when I did mine and carries the best product and pricing. Add a onboard battery charger and "add a battery" while your at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I relocated my cranking battery to sit right next to the TAPS pump on the starboard side of my 21v. I was then able to fit 2 additional group 27 batteries for my stereo bank on the port side. It's a very tight fit, but I was able to squeeze them in there. I had to eliminate all battery boxes due to lack of space. I figured being tucked behind the back wall would be enough protection for them from the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

on my 2001, I have an access door on the back wall on either side of motor. I was able to get 1 battery in a battery box in both sides.....

Comment

Great info guys, thank you. I will fight with the TAPS motor to see if I can relocate it enough back there to make room. Looks like you need to remove the pump and that will give access to the mount screws? It does seem like both the TAPS pump and a battery could squeeze in there if positioned correctly. CHPTHRIL - I will get in touch regarding cabling.

Comment

Working...
            X