2007 Tige 24VE ballast system and install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Tige 24VE ballast system and install

Brand new to the forum and hoping someone can help me..

Looking to buy a 2007 Tige 24VE with 133 hours on it.. My only hesitation with the boat is the ballasts on the boat look to be cumbersome to fill and would want to immediately upgrade to a better system.. What are my options and how hard are they to install? Hopefully someone out there can help and point me in the right direction..

Start with some details about the current ballast system. Is it the factory setup or aftermarket? If aftermarket, whats cumbersome about it?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Currently has three 400 lb FLYHIGH Fat Sac' & Tsunomi T-1200 Pump.. Would love to be able to fill them faster than the current owners claims of 20 minutes.. Love to just flip a switch and fill one or all.. Same with draining them.. Don't mind spending some money to make this a better system and more enjoyable for the family to use.

Ball park of what a new high end system would cost?..

Just need to know if I go spend the extra cash on the 2012 Tige or save some money on this boat and do some upgrades.

Comment

Search the Ballast forum and you will get more than you asked for. I have the same boat and elected to do a slight modification versus the more extreme mods guys like WAboating did. I have factory ballast and kept those intact, moving the TAPS pump and batteries to the top the hard tanks. We then ordered custom bags from chpthril in the enzo style and plan to add two additions 12v adaptors in each rear locker to make it easier to use the manual tsunami pumps to fill. Hang out here long enough and you will get lots of helpful input...great site.

Comment

Ok, sounds like you are manually filling the sacs with a Fly High W709 pump kit. Having one pump lit per sac will certainly speed things up, but its still a task to manually fill and drain 3 sacs. For a plumbed in system, you might be looking up to $400 per sac for a custom setup. New sacs, if the ones currently with the boat dont provide the desired wake, and labor would be additional.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril.. thanks for the input.. So I am looking for a complete system that I can fill and drain individual sacs with the flip of a switch on the dash.. You are saying $400 per sac for the parts for each sac I add? I really want to max this boat out with sacs and get the best surf wave possible.

Can you suggest sacs and a complete system?.. I understand that you sell them and would be interested in drawing upon your expertise to get the best possible set-up for this boat..

Comment

How did it turn out and what did system did you use? I am looking to do the same and want the best surf wake....

Comment

Working...
              X