Changing Marine Power Fuel Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Marine Power Fuel Filter

Can I please have some help and direction on changing the fuel filter on my 07 Marine Power 5.7ltr 340HP.
    It maybe a great opportunity for someone to add this to the "How To" section.
    I've tried looking but can not find any clear instructions.
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

There are a couple water cooler hoses at the bottom of the filter if I remember that will need removed first. Should have a hose clamp on them at most. Then will have to turn the bottom fuel canister part to loosen it. Maybe use a oil filter wrench or such. I had to completely remove my fuel canister and the holder and put in a vise to do this the first time I did mine as it had never been done and seized itself on. Even if you have to do this, there are a couple bolts at top of it that hold the bracket onto engine that will need removed. It is more of a pain to get down to the area then it is to actually change it. I would remove all the engine panel covers and lay in the rear storage to do it. Hope this helps

Comment

Here is a link that may help:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ht=fuel+filter

Comment

If its anything like the PCM one....... I had to put mine in a vice. Then I was trying to use my gigantic channel locks with a breaker bar and it wasn't working. I was told to use a large pipe wrench. I used the pipe wrench without the breaker bar and it popped right open. The key is a pipe wrench if it gets stuck. It generates more torque I guess.

Another good thread of a stuck one like mine was:
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...parator-thingy
        Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
        X