Tige Speed Set Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Speed Set Tutorial

After much frustration, I have finally figured it out, so I though I would share how I am able to use it:

1. Turn on SpeedSet switch
    2. Go to your wakeboarding or ski spot and make one pass through designated ski area and adjust your TAPS to desired setting
    3. Once TAPS are set to liking, achieve your desired speed and press the middle button to set the speed, red light should start flashing, push throttle a little farther, solid red light indicates speed set has taken control
    4. You are now ready to go, stop boat, DO NOT TURN OFF BOAT, throw out your rope, once skier or rider is ready, put the boat in gear and give about half throttle and you will notice that as the boat starts to go the SpeedSet indicator is already solid red, which means it is already controlling the speed and now all you have to do is drive.

That's it and it works perfectly for me. I hope that you all may find this helpful, please feel free to let me kno

I agree with your process on SpeedSet.

Be carfull if you go from a wake boarder to a skier.

If you don't turn off the SpeedSet it will not allow you to get to ski speed.
    The only I have found to stop the SpeedSet, while you are pulling a skier, is to quicklly turn the power off to the SpeedSet on the dash and back the throtle down a little to realese the SpeedSet control.

Then you have to explane to every one in the boat and the skier that you do know to drive a boat and it wasn't your fault.

Comment

where is this red light you're talking about? I agree speedset is very "quirky" but I have not seen a light. Only been out 4 times on the new boat...........so I may have overlooked it

Comment

It is located in the center of your Speedset control. If you were looking straight at it you will see:

slower : set button w/indicator :faster

Hope this helps.

John

Comment

I'll have to take a look next time we're out.
          Thanx

Comment

Red light

It can be hard to see the light especially on bright days. The first day out I saw no indication mine was working (only had 4 chances to use it that day). Took it back on the lake yesterday. It was overcast and later in the day and low and behold, it turned red and worked. Seems like you need to push and hold the button for 1 to 1.5 seconds-doesn't sound like much but just pushing it didn't seem to work. I also didn't know about pushing the throttle forward until yesterday-made all the difference. Held the speed I set regardless of water conditions, depth, TAPS settings or turning. Well worth it for 1/2 the price of PP.
            Chris
            06 20V

Comment

I may be lucky but mine is working perfectly. I do not have to get it set before towing a boarder first. I get to speed touch the set and as soon as the light starts blinking I bury the throttle then I set my taps to were I want it. It maintains perfect speed no matter what the water is like and in the corners. I can adjust the speed in 1/2 mph like it says! It seems real easy to use and is working perfectly so far!

Comment

Final Note

Mine was a little frustrating in the begining. One thing I noticed was to maintain a speed for about 5 - 10 seconds without tapping the throttle faster or slower and THEN push the button it always sets. It seems like when you keep adjusting the throttle and pushing the button it never locks in.

Comment

Working...
                X