How to remove upholstery backrest 2006 22v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove upholstery backrest 2006 22v

Just a quick question to see if anyone knows how to remove the back rest on a 22v correctly. Not sure if they are push pinned into the side like a car door interior or if somehow they have bolts that I cant see. Im guessing they have the pins that secure when you push them in but before I pull on them to get the section off I wanted to make sure that was the case. any info would be appreciated.
    thanks

Which back rest? usually they are just held with bolts that are anchored into the back part of the seat. And there is a hole drilled in the boat for this bolt to go through, with a large flat washer, lock washer and 7/16 nut on them to keep secured. They are nothing like a car. they dont have pins in them. Usually on a Tige of this year the only seat that is held with anything else is the back rear wrap around. it usually has 4-5 long lags drilled in from that back engine \ side hatch compartments holding it in place as well as what I mentioned above.
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

I had my whole interior tore apart this last winter and every piece of upholstry was held in place with a bolt/nut. The backrest was accessible from the rear storage compartments. Everything was fairly easy to access once you found them.

Comment

Basically the backrest near the tower towards the storage compartment opposite the driver seat. I was hoping that there weren't bolts since I would have to reach up thru the cutout under the seat cushion. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trudelle View Post
          Basically the backrest near the tower towards the storage compartment opposite the driver seat. I was hoping that there weren't bolts since I would have to reach up thru the cutout under the seat cushion. Thanks
          yeah.. your basically stuck doing that way. its not to bad. be glad its not the bow pieces. they are a bit more of a pain in the @$$. that one should have 4 is all. two top ... two bottom. each corner.
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Working...
          X