muffler removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muffler removal

Ok so i need some help.... need to know how to get the muffler off my 2006 22v out. I have disconnected it but there doesnt seem to be any room to get it out. Do i need to remove the exhaust riser. Ive looked at everything in the threads but the threads i found the set up was different. if i do need to take out the riser anything i need to be aware of besides that the bolts area a pain in the butt to get something on in an attempt to remove.

thanks

When I had to take mine out I ended up removing the motor mount to make room to pull it up. Just alot of wiggling and some cusing and it will come out. Good luck.

Comment

Finally got it...now to find a new one

Comment

Well depending on what you have might be different than mine, but mine were made by ultra and you can order them from you Tige dealer. Problem I found out was they have to be made and are like 3+ weeks to get. I have fixed mine before but it only lasted about a year. So Im in the process of replacing mine with straight stainless pipe. So if you are not in a hurry I hope to test them out in the next week or so.

Comment

Mine is made by Ultra as well...Dont want to go thru my tige dealer... Not in a hurry at all...let me know how the ss pipe works...also where you got it and approx $
          Thanks

Comment

Reviving this thread for a minute. Ok so I got the muffler out last year with a lot of cussing some binding lube I had nearby a couple screwdrivers and a lot of maneuvering. Now I have to put it back on and was wondering about taking off the exhaust risers as that would make it easier to get the muffler back in position. So is that a good idea or not. Is there anything I have to watch out for if I do this. Any info appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X