Z2 or z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z2 or z3

Have a 2011 z2 thinking of upgrading to a 2013 z3 is there enough difference in the 2 boats to upgrade?

That's really your call.Do you mostly surf or wakeboard?
    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

We do about half and half.. I just not sure I will be gaining that much difference that's what I was wondering

Comment

You wont gain anyting other than less money in your pocket!
        www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
        http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

You gain ~2' in length, a little more storage, an integrated cooler in the bow (instead of your starboard side), more freeboard and deeper seating and a little more push on the surf wave. You lose handling and maneuverability and some power if you stick with the 343hp engine. The Z3 is a great boat but so is the RZ2. I was going to try and make the jump from an RZ2 to a Z3 but man, it's a big boat and just doesn't feel as nimble as the RZ2 does.

Comment

You already have a great boat with the RZ2. Surf wave is arguably better with the Z3 but not enough to justify the switch

Comment

Thanks for the input that's why I like this site. I does have the upgraded engine but that is one thing if have heard it does not handle as well . I thought the z3 was only a foot longer not 2?

Comment

We wrestled with this too.

Love our 09 RZ2 (with 409) and have a lot of custom work in it. I like the lack of lean on the Z3 along with the higher gunwales and the more customizable surf wave. But not enough to take the $$ hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubier View Post
                  Thanks for the input that's why I like this site. I does have the upgraded engine but that is one thing if have heard it does not handle as well . I thought the z3 was only a foot longer not 2?
                  It's really like 23'9" or something and not 23'. When you are cruising, the Z3 handles great, it just makes turns a little wider at low speeds and takes a few spins around the lake to get used to.

Comment

That's what I heard about boat takes a little more to turn. We live on a river that's real narrow and the dealer said when surfing on the boat to make turns he had to lay the boat down then start again. I don't have to do this in the rz2 so I hope this isn't the case. Anyone had to deal with this?

Comment

That's what I heard about boat takes a little more to turn. We live on a river that's real narrow and the dealer said when surfing on the boat to make turns he had to lay the boat down then start again. I don't have to do this in the rz2 so I hope this isn't the case. Anyone had to deal with this?
                      You've mentioned this before and for the life of me, I do not understand what your dealer is trying to describe I can turn a Z3, or most any other boat, around in its own wake and return to my downed rider on the same line. It does not need a 40 acre field to turn around for a down rider and I do not think it needs to make a slight turn to get a clean wake like some boats.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I say buy a New Z3 and put your boat up for sale for those of us that are looking for a good used RZ2.
                        just sayin!!

Comment

I think you'll still be fine there, you just need to turn a few feet prior to where the RZ2 would turn. It still handles very well. I have a few hours behind the wheel of a Z3 on a small private lake towing a surf clinic and once I learned how it handled, it wasn't too bad.

Comment

Go drive it and try to get a pull behind it. You may change your mind one way or the other.
                            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Working...
                            X