Engine Wall support in Rear Locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Wall support in Rear Locker

HI Guys, I have a jumbo surf sac in my rear locker, and when its filled, it breaks down the engine wall and rips the plastic railing on the bottom with the screws out. Does anyone have an effective way to support and stabilize this wall so it can be strong enough to support the fat sac in the locker when filled??
    Any tips are really appreciated!!

I've had the same problem. For some reason this last time I put the screws back in (different holes), it hasn't moved in over a year.

Comment

Several have made a reinforcement with metal straps. I had that issue and got some longer screws and used the same holes. One thing that I have done is made sure that the sac is moved right up against the outside wall, made even a little bunched. Since I have done that I have not had any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
        Several have made a reinforcement with metal straps. I had that issue and got some longer screws and used the same holes. One thing that I have done is made sure that the sac is moved right up against the outside wall, made even a little bunched. Since I have done that I have not had any issues.
        I used longer screws and added a few extra. Have not had the problem since and have done a lot of filling. So have used angle or channel aluminum the reinforce the board.
        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Reinforce the plastic U channel with a foot of alum L bracket.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I removed the plastic channel and use a 3/4 aluminum U channel for a replacement. I also added U-channel on the back side of the panels themselves to keep them from bowing into the engine compartment.

You can see how I used the U channel to back the engine locker walls:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=16220&page=6
            2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
            2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I just took my channels out and shot a bunch more finish nails into it to beef up the channel and then added a few more screws when I screwed it back into the floor. I also added a piece of alluminun angle at the top to give it some more support.
              Attached Files

Comment

This post contains useful information.

sound hire

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyWatts View Post
                  This post contains useful information.

sound hire
                  No it doesn't!

Comment

Working...
                  X