Boat cover/discolored vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat cover/discolored vinyl

Purchased an 04 22i. Dealer told me not to put cover on as it will discolor the vinyl. It started raining so I putt it on for 3 days. Outside temp was 95 degrees. Removed cover and vinyl has brown spots and black marks all over. Removed cover and left in sun for a day and spots are 90% gone. Anybody give me advise on how to cover without damaging vinyl? Do you store your boat with cover on or off?

vent hole
    http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...t&merchID=4005
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I always stored my 04 21i with the cover on and had to be constantly cleaning the vinyl, but I think it's a better alternative to leaving it in the sun and having the vinyl fade. That vent might work and be easier than my solution, which was a big party tent. I put up a 12' x 26' party tent that I park the boat in. That way it gets plenty of fresh air, but is protected from sun and rain.

Comment

I always store mine with the cover on and have had no issues, though I do have two vents in my cover. Is the spots you are referring to mold or mildew? If so, there are products (mold/mildew block) that you can spray on your vinyl that will keep mold and moldew to a minimum.

Comment

Check out Bimini Topp products. They are Eco friendly and work.
          What Rocks Your Boat?

Comment

Working...
          X