Remove windshield on RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove windshield on RZ2

My tint guy says he always removes boat windshields for a better tint job. He says remove the top rail and wiggle the window out the top sounds easy, looks easy, phillips screws hold the rail on. Anybody ever removed there with windshield? I re-installing is where I think it may be tricky. Any comments?

Nothing good can come from removing a windshield - certianly makes it easier, but I have never heard of removing a windshield to tint the windows.

Comment

When I had my windows tinted recently, the company that did it said they had a contract with the Malibu dealership in town. He stated that the dealership wanted the windows removed before tint so the windows could be FULLY tinted. Due to the shape of my Tige's windows (2004 22i) and many other wakeboard boats, he stated it takes more work, but it receives full coverage. If the windows remain on, it's hard for the tinters to get down to the bottom - on the inside of the windows on the dash. Now, having said that, I told him to leave the windows in and do the best job they could. I am very satisfied with the results. They are not "completely tinted", but you have to look closely to notice a difference, and the tint line is still very clean. I was a little nervous with removing them myself or having someone else do it. I believe in the age old adage - don't fix what aint broke. Either way, I would do it all over again... it makes a HUGE difference in the look of my boat. I have no pics right now, but will post some early next week (after my weekend boating trip!

Comment

Well I got them out. It only took about 30 minutes. Remove the 5 Phillips screws on each side and wiggle the top rail off then wiggle the window out of the rubber seal. Hope they go back in just as easy.

Comment

Adams,what ever came of this? how did they go back together? Any Problems?

Comment

It took alittle longer getting them back in but it wasn't bad. I found it easier to put the rubber seal on the window then press it into the frame. I started with the curved window first then did the side window. After they where in place I installed the top u channel starting at the rear of the side window You will need something thin to help spread the rubber seal open for the window to be pressed in place. Makes for a clean tint job for sure.

Comment

Glad it worked out. May have to give it a try myself.

Comment

throw up some pics of them tinted already.. Nothing happened with out pics =)
                www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Wicked... I know you were asking adamsjstt for the pics of his tint job, but figured I would throw in a few of mine. My profile pic has the before... here's the after (oh, and your old boat was the deciding factor in wanting to get mine done!)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X