Fix hole in hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix hole in hull

Ok, so I probably won't see any of you in the grociery store or at the local tavern, so I am not going to worry about the snickers and finger pointing after I tell you what I did. But, help would be appreciated.

I moved my battery from the rear compartment by the motor to the to the cubby under the radio. I want to put ballast in the rear compartment. While attaching the battery box, I put a screw straight through the hull. Yes, you heard me right. I drilled through the hull, then I ran a screw into the hole. Why you ask? I just didn't think this one through. I though I was drilling into some type of sub-floor.

So, how does one go about fixing a screw hole in the hull?

Marine-tex. Its tintable if needed.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

One day you will look back and laugh. Hope you get it fixed. What Chp should work for you. If you don't trust that or yourself you can always check with a local fiberglass shop.

Comment

X2 on what Chp said. Marine Tex is awesome stuff. I must admit I have done this as well while installing new motor mounts in a friends stern drive. good luck man...

Comment

I just knocked on wood for you and hope your for your hull's speedy recovery to a water-tight status!

Comment

So, do I have to re-gelcoat after I repair with marine-tex?

Comment

Originally posted by dpass View Post
              So, do I have to re-gelcoat after I repair with marine-tex?
              I wouldn't, not for a small screw hole in the bottom of the boat. No one will ever find it, especially if your hull is white. If its frost or off white, then add a little yellow or brown tint to it.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
              X