Hose connect for driveway engine starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hose connect for driveway engine starting

Hey guys, i have a 98 pre 2001 wt with a 35o merc NA. Im wanting to fab on a water hose connect to my engine water hose lines so that i can supply the engine with water in my drive way and be able to heat up the oil for an easy DIY oil change.

I do know that SOME ppl will dry start their motor long enough to heat up the oil but i do not believe this is the proper way in doing it as you can easily damage your impeller....my buddy who has an 03 tige does it all the time and swears its fine but not this guy.

Anyways i know that on some boats the hose connect is an option from the factory and others have just made their own hose connect using a few simply parts from home depot.

Im pretty sure it can be done with just a T connect with an on/off valve but im not certain exactly where in the maze of water lines i am supposed to install it.

Ill be out cleaning on my boat later today and ill take a pic of the front of my motor and post it so that everyone can see exactly what i have and maybe someone cant point me in the right direction for this project.

Thanks for the help!

Flush pro. skidim.com has the best price if you don't need the through hull; bakesonline.com has the best price if you do want the through hull.

Comment

The even cheaper and easier solution is a fak a lake. It looks like a plunger that has a hose connection.
      Attached Files

Comment

Or, you can build your own fake-a-lake using an actual plunger and a hose fitting...

Comment

lol or you can just unscrew the hose clamps from the raw water intake hose and jam your garden hose down it.

I really hate fake a lakes because they have a tendency to fall over, and even when they don't, there's always water that shoots out the side. The flush pro gets every drop into the raw water intake.

Comment

just buy 1 1/4 in clear hose at Home Depot. Go to the plumbing section to find the right adapters to adapt it to a piece of garden hose. Then just connect the clear hose to where the raw water intake hose goes, and you are set. You can control it from in the boat and don't have to crawl under the boat and/or worry about the fake a lake falling off.
            2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

i've used a home made fake a lake for years without any problems. I use a floor jack under the plunger to upward pressure and have never had a problem with it falling off or slipping off.

Comment

Working...
              X