Bow Drain Install - have question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Drain Install - have question.

Guys, I am in the middle of doing chpthril's Bow Drain. I have removed carpet, drilled the holes, and tomorrow I plan to install the roll-in bedliner. When I run my rubber tubing, I can't get it to fit in the same hole as my fresh air tubes. They are super tight.

Question - can I cut a slit in the tubing and slide the new drain hose into it? It should just run down to the bottom of the boat, so I see no issue. I don't want to drill out another hole.

Thanks guys.
    Attached Files

I would not. From all the installs of ballast and rerouting the steering cables everyone has drilled a new hole that I can remember. If it didn't matter I would have thought that more people would be doing it your suggested way rather than drilling a new hole.

Is there a reason that you don't want to drill another hole next to the fresh air line?

Comment

I would drill a hole. Pull the air tube, feel around the inside just to make sure there is room and that you are drilling into the bilge and not the stringer area.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Its not your boat till you take a drill or sawzall to it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by insane04 View Post
          Its not your boat till you take a drill or sawzall to it!!!!
          If thats true, then I must own a fleet the size of the US Navy
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks guys, guess I will be drilling a new hole tomorrow.

Comment

I ran my hose up through the hole where the shift cable goes. It was already large enough and I was also able to run the wiring through that same area. It was also closer to the opening in the floor. It worked for me.
              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Tried to go out and pull the air hose from the floor, turns out it is somehow fastened to the floor. It is not just stuck down in there. It won't come out. So now I can't feel around in there and find where the best spot is to drill my hole. I don't really want to just start drilling holes, someone have another suggestion?

What is the reason I can't slit the hose and run it down to the bilge? Everyone says don't do it, but I don't understand why. I would think I could wrap it with tape and seal it up afterwards.
                Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimber View Post
                  Tried to go out and pull the air hose from the floor, turns out it is somehow fastened to the floor. It is not just stuck down in there. It won't come out. So now I can't feel around in there and find where the best spot is to drill my hole. I don't really want to just start drilling holes, someone have another suggestion?

What is the reason I can't slit the hose and run it down to the bilge? Everyone says don't do it, but I don't understand why. I would think I could wrap it with tape and seal it up afterwards.
                  Thanks guys.
                  The wire coil holds it in. You have to compress the coils and pull the hose out at an angle.

Comment

Anyone have a picture of the drain after installation? I've gotta figure out something.

Comment

Working...
                    X