Changing Alternator Drive Belts Marine Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Alternator Drive Belts Marine Power

I need to change the two alternator drive belts on my 2006 24Ve 5.7 Marine power. I know the answer to this question, but I will ask anyway. Is there anyway to change the belts without removing the support bracket and hoses from the raw water pump?

I would be in for this How To ! Never changed belts before

Comment

I am almost positive that I ran into the same problem on mine, you do have to remove the brackets. The alternator on my engine was not aligned properly and was causing the belts to slip. While attempting to adjust the angle of the alternator and belt tension I figured I might as well replace the belts while I was in there, after seeing all of the work involved with removing the brackets I changed my mind and said screw it.

Comment

Well I completed the replacement of the belts last night. I have the bloody hands to prove it.

I did end up removing two of the hoses and the support bracket from the impeller housing. That part of the job was not that difficult, but getting the new belts over the pulleys was extremely challenging. I ended up having to remove the alternator, placing the belts over the pulley, and prying the alternator back into place.

I just hope the alignment is good and these belts last a very very long time.

Comment

That does not sound fun...good work though!

Comment

Working...
          X