20v steering cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20v steering cable

'06 20v - My steering is getting to be more of a 3 finger job, not a one finger. Of course the wife like to use her one finger pointed at me cause it's too difficult to steer now. To turn starboard actually takes getting the arms into it a little even. I've looked at the end of my cable and the writing is worn off so what length do I need?

It's obviously been changed before as it's run over the gas tank now but who knows when it was done.

Got it, I hear it's 18'

Comment

I put an 18 in my 23V. The cable I pulled out was actually a 17.

It makes a world of difference and I will actually be on the water today to run with it!
      Boating Lake Mead since 2000

Comment

I pulled out the old that was an 18'. I ordered the teleflex TX RTME so hopefully it goes in as well as the old one came out.

Comment

So just for those of you out there with the 20v, I ended up running the cable on the starboard side, through the starboard storage area and cutting two holes through the bulkhead and into the engine carparment right next to the v-drive. I used the 18 footer but could have used a 17' cable as it ended up not only being a MUCH easier way to go but a little shorter too. It took me all of an hour once I gave up on going through the floor by your feet. It was a lot easier and cleaner IMO. Turns like butter now and it will stay dry.

Comment

Working...
          X