Heater InstallQuestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater InstallQuestion

Along with my ballast install I am also installing a Heatercraft heater.

My question is where do I tie it into the engine at? Both supply and return. I have the PCM 360hp engine.
    Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Look at this thread - I posted several pics in there

http://www.tigeowners.com//forum/sho...ghlight=heater

Comment

Thanks Skip. I knew the thread was out there somewhere but could not find it. It is hard to see where the return line went in, but I think after reading about the insralls. I will tie in before the raw water pump. If installing a shower at a later time is this the same supply for the hot water supply or is there a better place for that tie in?

I did not get the duct hose with the heater, where can I get some of it? I will be using the hot tubes but can't find inexpensive duck hose around town.

Comment

My shower hot water line is on the other side of the block and if memory serves it is lower. I will see if I can get some pic for you.

Comment

Pics would be nice. Thanks

Comment

Here are the pics. They show the location of the shower controls, pump (next to the TAPS), the cold water (next to the blue hose) and hot water. If you need further pics let me know and I will see what I can get you. Neither hose is attached because I leave the hoses off during the winter.

Hope they help.
            Attached Files

Comment

I am not familiar with the layout of the 22ve but I presume:

The shower controls are in the back compartments where on can sit while with feet on swim deck?

The cold is on the outlet side of the empeler pump?

Is the hot water port on the port or starboard side?

Thanks Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
                I am not familiar with the layout of the 22ve but I presume:

The shower controls are in the back compartments where on can sit while with feet on swim deck?

The cold is on the outlet side of the empeler pump?

Is the hot water port on the port or starboard side?

Thanks Skip
                I have actually never used the shower, yet. But there is a rocker switch on the dash that turns the shower pump on. Then the controls are in the back where you sit by the swim platform. In other boats I have seen them in the v drive locker or under one of the seats.

Cold water is on the side of the impeller.

Hot water is on the starboard side. It is on the opposite side of the heater.

Comment

Thats where I was looking to put the shower valve. Glad someone else did it. Seems too hard to get to in the vee locker. Especialy with ballast full. I also have the switch in place on my dash as well as the heater switch. Im good to go. Thanks

Comment

On my PCM the heater inlet comes off a pipe plug in the water pump.It's removed and a nipple is installed.The return line goes into the intake manifold in the front of the motor near the upper water hose.
                    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by Wakeman22 View Post
                      Thanks Skip. I knew the thread was out there somewhere but could not find it. It is hard to see where the return line went in, but I think after reading about the insralls. I will tie in before the raw water pump. If installing a shower at a later time is this the same supply for the hot water supply or is there a better place for that tie in?

I did not get the duct hose with the heater, where can I get some of it? I will be using the hot tubes but can't find inexpensive duck hose around town.
                      What size do you need? I have about 30ft of 3"
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                      X