Pulling motor, 03 23v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulling motor, 03 23v

Bout to pull the motor out of said boat. What's the easiest way to pull it? Pull engine and trans together or what? Shouldn't be too difficult just need a little direction on the trans part. TIA

From the sounds of it, and from looking at my own barco... I would think that tranny and motor at the same time would be the way to go. After pulling out the back seat, floor over the gas tank, and masking off all of the upholstery in case of drips... Then all you would need was an engie hoist tall enough to get over the boat. This way, when you get the new or rebuilt engine, you can re-mount the tranny(haha) outside the boat where you have some room to work and re-install by reversing the process. So if all goes well and Mr. Murphy stays out of things you should be all set! I've never done it before, so just my 2C! Good luck and post pics!

Comment

Pull the gearbox with the engine and make sure the motor mounts go with it too, lable them and reinstall in their respective spots to help with alignment when you put it back in. Forklift is really the only way to go too. Good luck.
      Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
      X