Marine Power 6.0 cooling MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Yost View Post
    I'm trying my hardest to do this mod, but my t-stat is not the same as the oem one in the above pic, I did order the one specified above from skidim and now it is not fitting with my housing....I'm wondering if you can do the mod and then install the oem t-stat? Either way I might have to order a new housing b/c one of the flanges on mine broke when I was trying to take the t-stat out :-(
    Todd, I sent you a PM about it but maybe try calling Dom or one of his service guys at Forte's inboards. Its likely their busiest time of year, so I would call and ask nicely They are likely too busy this time of year to be checking in much on the forums with all the work for their customers. I think they sold the entire kit to people before too so maybe you have the wrong part and they can sell you the right one?

http://www.inboardconnection.com/

Something sounds odd though. Its the Marine Power 6L is the engine that this mod has been done on several times. It was not necessary on the PCM motor. According to the parts manual, the PCM already runs a 160* T stat anyway.

EDIT: Dom might also be able to help you out with the replacement housing as they have to service those Marine Power motors. Might be able to kill two birds with one stone giving them a call.
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Can anyone explain if the coolant system needs to be bled after doing this mod? How much Dex-cool do we lose when we open up housing? I have a 2005 24V. And if needed, how do I bleed system? Matter of fact, not sure if PO ever changed out coolant. Can someone post me a link how to change coolant in the 6.0L please. Thx guys.

Comment

Working...
      X