Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo/Tach lights

Hey guys,
    Got a buddy who recently purchased a Tige 22v. Great boat. However, the lights for the speedo and tach are not working. Do they have bulbs that can be changed?

Also, the speedo doesn't work at all any cure for that?

Thanks for the help.
    Great Site.

Have him use a cheap 12V tester to make sure there is good power to the gauges...

Comment

The rest of the instruments work properly. The tachometer works but just the bulb seems to be out. I'll try to get a tester this afternoon.
      My guess the speedo is clogged.

Comment

Regarding the gauge illumination - if they are Faria gauges, I think they have a default setting that cuts the illumination level to zero every time they are powered down. Search around on this site for various terms (lights, gauges, faria, etc.) - if I remember right, you have to press the "up" arrow to raise the illumination level every time.

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
          Regarding the gauge illumination - if they are Faria gauges, I think they have a default setting that cuts the illumination level to zero every time they are powered down. Search around on this site for various terms (lights, gauges, faria, etc.) - if I remember right, you have to press the "up" arrow to raise the illumination level every time.
          Correct, the Faria gauges come on at thier lowest level (pretty much dark) and the "up" arrow on each gauge will bring the level up. Per Faria, there is no way to override this
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Awesome, Thanks for the quick tip. I will advise my buddy to try this evening. Thanks again.

Now if I can figure out where the speedo is on the back of the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by evnpar1020 View Post
              Awesome, Thanks for the quick tip. I will advise my buddy to try this evening. Thanks again.

Now if I can figure out where the speedo is on the back of the boat.
              What year? It could be a transducer puck thru-hull V's mounted on the back. If it is a new style w/paddle wheel, could just need a new wheel
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My son and I were just talking about the lights on the gauges. How many of us actually boat in the dark that need to know the info on the gauges if we were?
                Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
                  My son and I were just talking about the lights on the gauges. How many of us actually boat in the dark that need to know the info on the gauges if we were?
                  We were out after dark A LOT! We were actually out after dark the first trip out

Comment

Working...
                  X