Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Tige 22i - Throttle potentiometer (changed in 2023)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Tige 22i - Throttle potentiometer (changed in 2023)

Last summer my boat would "die" back to idle when tubing or wake surfing. I shut the key off and restarted the boat and it reset the problem and we could use the boat again. I replaced the potentiometer with a mouser (mouser.com) p/n 682-9861R5KL2.0. mfg p/n 9861R5KL2.0. The potentiometer is located on the throttle assy. Remove vinyl cover on throttle wall (it slips over throttle). Remove safety kill switch cable wires from spade connectors. remove the 3 or 4 screws holding throttle assy to fiberglass wall. The assy will now be loose* enough to pull out and lay on drivers seat. You can now adjust throttle arm to get at both nuts on the potentiometer. loosen the nuts and remove the potentiometer (a slot exists on the throttle assy for the potentiometer to slide into - you will see this). Once installed, reverse the removal process to reinstall. (*Note: the throttle wires maybe wrapped above dash which makes it impossible to slide assy out. make sure to untangle the throttle wires. Also, throttle cable may need to be positioned around the steering cable). SO far so good.

Bpreardon, I have the same thing happening on my boat, like there is no throttle response at all. Is your boat still working fine?

Comment

I have the same problem too, curious to hear if this is a reliable fix for the throttle issue.
      Plus my boat has very, very gutless performance and speedset not working.
      Are all three separate issues or is there some interconnecting

Comment

Hey bpreardon, when your potentiometer was out, did it also affect engine performance? I’m having the same throttle problem you are AND when the throttle does work the boat is gutless, slow out of the hole and reduced top speed.

Comment

I have a 2010 22ve and having the same issue. I went through all the PCM manuals and could not track down a part that would be causing the issue. A throttle potentiometer was not on my radar. Bpeardon, did you have to calibrate anything when you replaced the potentiometer? From my understanding, the throttle body position sensor needs an ECU flash, didn't know if something like this would be related. I will be ordering my part and attempting to fix my throttle issue. At this point, my boat does not recognize my throttle, even though the cable works.
          Last edited by Manbeastery; 07-10-2023, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Just replaced my potentiometer, same issues. Boat does not recognize my throttle, check engine light shortly after start and instant slow mode.

Comment

Zad....I did not have performance issues out of the hole. Just top end shut down issues which I reset by turning motor off. I have a new potentiomter but I do need to adjust the set screws for it to work correctly at top end.

Comment

Working...
              X