Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I install underwear led 2017 R21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I install underwear led 2017 R21?

Looking for help on installing underwater led. Is '17 R21 prewired? If so would touchscreen control? Does the light get screwed into the stern fiberglass, if so any pointers?

Thanks for any info!

*underwater not underwear

Comment

I believe the boat is prewired for underwater lights. However, its for draw of the lights the factory would be using. So make sure your new lights are not adding an excessive load over what the factor lights would be.

Yes, surface mount lights would secure to the transom.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I put a boat plug light in my old boat and worked ok for the money. I wired it to the RGB controller that ram tower speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the same model... If you stand upside-down on your head and look through the access panels in the back of the rear lockers, there is a blue (I think) and black wire on each side that aren't connected. I think they have little spade connectors crimped on the ends. They are for underwater lights. You can confirm this by entering the screen on the dash that has the lighting and blower/bilge controls and turning on the Underwater lights. The blue wire should energize... As Mr. Mike mentioned, they are only good for a relatively small load. Using them to drive an interposing relay would be a safe bet in this application. Sometimes i take some pillows in there to try to make things more comfy and maybe have a nap to muster up the energy to get out of there... I also recommend using the canvas side covers to stow the ballasts bags in the sides of the lockers so that your not standing on top of them. Montana Boat Center has a habit of not doing that and breaking the support straps off the top of the bags and then pretending like its not their fault. Also, If your a fatty fatty 2x4 like me you may want to avoid standing on your head if possible, it puts a lot of undue stress on you neck and spine.

Comment

Working...
          X