help with transmission and vdrive fluid PLEASE HELP A DO IT YOURSELFER OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with transmission and vdrive fluid PLEASE HELP A DO IT YOURSELFER OUT

I have a 2007 24ve with a zf 45 IV tanny and i am in the process of changing the transmission and v-drive fluid. my questions is

when i pumped out the tranny fluid it was standard atf dex 3 tranny fluid but when i took out the v-drive fluid it was either motor oil but most likely hypoid gear lube!!! WHAT FLUID SHOULD I PUT IN THE V-DRIVE??? ASLO I AM CHANGING THE FUEL WATER SEPERATOR AND WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT OFF AND WHERE TO GET A NEW FILTER??? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED THANKS

The fluid should be the same in both. My zf manual states ATF but mine had 30W motor oil in it. I contacted MarinePower and they said they put 30w in them to quiet them down.

Comment

ATF in the trans and most likely 30W non-detergent oil in the v-drive since that looks like that's what came out.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

On the ZF trans and v-drive the fluid goes through both. There is only one drain plug for both.

I hope I am right on this because mine is now full of 30w. Maybe i need to call marinepower again.
        Last edited by ajholt7; 04-28-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

fuel water seperator take it to NAPA or any auto store and they can cross reference the part number and tell you if they have it. Or go to your dealer.
          Originally posted by G-MONEY
          It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Here is the website that I went to and found the fuel filter.

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/gforce...ter-p-384.html

I spent a good hour trying to look for a store that sold that filter using the part# that marinepower uses in their owners manual.
            Last edited by ricsha91; 04-28-2010, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I called MarinePower again and they said to put back whatever was in it. They said that they have gotten permission from ZF to put 30w in both to quiet them down but, he said be sure to put back in whatever came out because they shouldn't be mixed.

Comment

Im probably out of the norm here but I put exactly what the transmission and V drive say on them which is "ATF ONLY".

ricsha91, thanks for the link. I need to pick one up myself.

Comment

How much did yours take Matt?

Comment

The ZF takes 2 liters in the tranny and 1 liter in the v-drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
                      The ZF takes 2 liters in the tranny and 1 liter in the v-drive.
                      I think this is what I did too. I just kept checking the dip stick for the right amount.

Comment

Working...
                      X